The Index of Professional Nursing Governance (IPNG) measures nursing governance in healthcare organizations, and the Index of Professional Governance (IPG) measures governance among all healthcare professionals. During the last 20 years, more than 250 healthcare organizations and systems, nationally and internationally, have used the IPNG and IPG to evaluate the implementation of innovative management models and to track changes in governance; translations are available in Finnish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Korean, French, German, and English (to reflect either the American and UK health systems).
A nominal fee for registration and the subscales key is required for organizations evaluating internal programs. This instrument is available free of charge to academic researchers and students who formally request permission and agree to adhere to guidelines for use. Click on the IPNG or IPG button on the drop-down menu below SG Measurement on the main bar to download the instruments.
If you have questions or want to request permission to use these instruments, contact the Forum.
Requirements for organizations desiring accreditation in shared governance by the Forum:
- Score within the last three years that reaches the minimal threshold for shared governance using the IPNG or the IPG (score of >172 on the 2.0 versions or a score of >100 on the 3.0 versions)
- Survey organization-wide response rate of 15% or greater (survey must include both staff and managers)
- Healthcare systems must include scores from at least 50% of the system organizations
- Organization must meet requirements for being listed on the SG Hospitals web page
- Accreditation is valid for three years from survey date and can be renewed with an appropriate new survey score
If you have questions about accreditation, please contact the Forum.